I.T. Sr. Data Analyst
- 02-Jan-2018 to 13-Sep-2018
- - JWV Administration Building
- Corpus Christi , TX, USA
- Full Time
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
Analyzes complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to analysts and decision makers. Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences. Creates specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and required or available data elements. May participate in consultation to users and in cross functional teams to address business issues.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Manage deep dive analysis projects on various business topics to develop insights and solutions to complex problems.
2. Proactively explore data to discover hidden insights and develop new metrics.
3. Continuously focus on ways to improve quality control within the data.
4. Develop and oversee enterprise data governance practices.
5. Develop programs, methodologies and procedures for analyzing and presenting data.
6. A Proactively communicate, and collaborate, with organizational departments and/or third-party vendors to determine reporting needs and perform data analysis in support of those requests.
7. Use statistical methods and available report writing applications to analyze data and present the data in a manor best suited to the stakeholder's needs.
8. Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
9. Design, build and maintain innovative dashboards to monitor and visualize data.
10. Validate and filter data to ensure integrity.
11. Develop and implement data collection systems, databases, data analytics and strategies that optimize the analysis process.
12. Use, and support, database applications and analytical tools required to perform data collection and analysis
13. Work with management to prioritize needs.
14. Document and maintain an extensive library of enterprise reports.
15. Document and maintain processes and procedures required to ensure job continuity.
16. Maintain knowledge of data analysis methodologies and techniques thru self-study and other approved training opportunities.
17. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics or related discipline or technical field from an accredited institution. Six years of experience in similar position, in lieu of degree will be accepted.
5 years of prior experience in a Data Analysis or similar position. Experience within the Financial industry preferred.
Position involves wrist/hand manipulation; good visual acuity for detail work; ability to bend stoop on a regular basis; reach overhead. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision for frequent viewing of computer monitor and review of documents. Must possess a valid Texas driver's license, means of transportation and be able to travel independently and work after normal business hours, when requested by management.
Must be able to perform job functions independently or with limited supervision and work effectively either on own or as part of a team. Must have a strong ability to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must have a strong ability to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines / requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities. Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail.
Desktop PC running a Windows operating system. Microsoft Office, Must have a good understanding of Microsoft Office products, specifically Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access. Telecommunications equipment, printers, copiers, and calculator.