I.T. Documentation Specialist
- 16-Jan-2020 to 02-Mar-2020
- - JWV Administration Building, 2730 Rodd Field Rd.
- Corpus Christi, TX, USA
- Full Time
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
Translate business specifications and technical processes into user documentation in clear and concise language easily followed and understood by users. Maintain documentation lifecycle thru routine audits and version control. Catalog all documentation maintaining access controls and user accessibility. Ensure all documentation meets regulatory requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Responsible for creation, integrity, storage, cataloging, and updates of all system and support documentation including (but not limited to):
a. Software installation procedures
b. Standard operating procedures
c. Building plans
d. Infrastructure topology
e. Operational checklists and processing schedules
f. System backup processes and procedures
g. Business continuity plans
h. Best practice guidance
i. System and application usage and support documentation
2. Work with project manager to identify project documentation requirements. Develop project documentation utilizing associated project resources and business partners
3. Review regulatory documentation guidance and ensure all documentation is compliant.
4. Perform regular documentation audits to ensure documents are updated timely and remain current with organization and regulatory needs.
5. Work with business partner and auditing organizations providing secure access to any required documentation.
6. Write standard documentation templates for each document type that includes proper security classification and access controls.
7. Maintain knowledge of documentation tools and techniques through self study and other approved training opportunities
8. All other duties as assigned.
Associate's degree from an accredited college or university in Communications or Information Systems field plus one (1) year documentation experience. In lieu of Associate's degree, three (3) years equivalent experience in relevant position.
Position involves wrist/hand manipulation; good visual activity for detail work; ability to bend stoop on a regular basis; reach overhead and lift up to 25 pounds. Communication abilities are required by this job include speaking clearly over the phone and in person. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision for frequent viewing of computer monitor and review of documents. Must possess a valid driver's license, means of transportation and be able to travel independently.
Efficient with Microsoft Office applications and Microsoft Visio. Ability to operate a Windows PC, desktop calculator, and copy machine. Must possess the ability to be a team player, self-starter, read, analyze and interpret technical procedures/documentation, work with little supervision and make recommendations based on data available. Excellent verbal, written, organizational and electronic communication skills are required. Periodic travel and after hours work will be required when requested by management.