- 01-Aug-2019 to 23-Aug-2019
- - Accounting
- Corpus Christi, TX, USA
- Full Time
PRIMARY OBJECTION OF POSTION
Provides support services to accounting personnel following credit union policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Perform broad range of administrative duties including retrieving, distributing, and filing accounting records; assisting with general ledger research and reconciliation; and supporting administrative needs of the department.
2. Process expense requests and invoice reconciliations, and maintain associated record keeping.
3. Distribute incoming mail and order supplies for department.
4. Schedule cross-training dates within accounting department and update intranet scheduling.
5. Other Duties as assigned.
Most important to this position are accuracy, reliability, vendor/dealer relations and flexibility. Position has extensive contact with vendors and dealers for the purpose of giving and getting information.
High School Diploma/GED plus 2 year accounting degree or certificate; or equivalent experience in financial institution operations, accounting, or bookkeeping. Requires hands on knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
Position involves wrist/hand manipulation. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision for frequent viewing of computer monitor and review of documents. Must have a valid driver's license to travel to other locations for annual inventory of fixed assets.
Must be able to perform job functions independently or with limited supervision and work effectively either on own or as part of a team. Must have a strong ability to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must have a strong ability to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines / requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities. Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
PC running windows environment, typewriter, calculator, copy machine and fax machine.