- 02-Aug-2019 to 31-Aug-2019
- - Kleberg building
- Corpus Christi, TX, USA
- Full Time
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
Specializes in Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and AML (Anti-Money Laundering) investigations and compliance. Ensures credit union compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and policies related to BSA/ OFAC. Handles BSA (Bank Secrecy Act) governmental reporting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Reviews member account activity, news reports, analytical reports and/or system-generated alerts and investigates member account activity. Determines if BSA or law enforcement reporting is required.
- Performs official Enhanced Due Diligence account reviews and reporting.
- Prepares and files SARs (Suspicious Activity Reports) if investigation results require it.
- Liaises with law enforcement to report SAR-related activity as required by the NCUA and fulfill SAR documentary requests.
- Assists branch/ department managers and front line staff in making decisions/ determinations to fulfil BSA/ OFAC requirements.
- Responsible for staying current on BSA/OFAC/AML trends and share that knowledge with the department.
- Updates BSA procedures/ policies as needed and submits them for approval to the Risk Management Director (RMD).
- Acts as back up on certain tasks and makes recommendations to the RMD or BSA Officer as necessary.
- All other BSA/AML-related duties as assigned.
Most important to this position are good analytical skills, communication skills (both verbal and written), human relations skills, organizational abilities, initiative, follow through and reliability. Must have demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office applications, including Microsoft Word and Excel. Must have demonstrated strong analytical and decision making abilities.
Associate Degree in business, law or criminal justice- related field
Three (3) years of equivalent experience
Three (3) years of analytical research/analysis in accounting, compliance or risk management. AML/BSA/OFAC experience and certification preferred.
Position requires knowledge of PC usage which would involve wrist/hand movement. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision for frequent viewing of computer monitor and review of documents. Must be able to drive a vehicle and have a valid Driver's license and adequate auto insurance. Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
PC with Windows environment, copier, laser printer, fax machine, document scanner, and calculator.