Vice President of Training
- 09-Aug-2019 to 31-Aug-2019
- - JWV Administration Building
- Corpus Christi , TX, USA
- Full Time
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
Responsibilities include overseeing the development and implementation of training strategies, programs, and curriculum for service, product and sales initiatives within the organization that increases productivity and performance. This position is responsible for managing teams that drive successful and timely fulfillment of substantial initiatives from design through production to delivery. Has the ability to grow team member's competencies and drive success.. Incumbent seeks new methods and procedures to improve efficiency and reduce costs without sacrificing the credit union's positive image.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develops and Implements the strategy for the enablement programs including the overall service and product process and quality effectiveness programs, and clear metrics evaluating success of programs.
- Has a strong trusted partnership with key stakeholders to constantly evaluate current state and develop future strategy and plan.
- Creates high impact programs that will include a balance of outsourced programs to a strong internal department with less dependency on external expertise
- Lead and manage a high-performing team focused on a solution based enablement program, tool strategy, creation, roadmap and delivery aligned culture and overall best practices
- Build training organization, service and sales onboarding program, advanced curriculum options for all parts of organization
- Designing training that will improve productivity through systems development (i.e. Salesforce CRM, etc.) and training initiatives (product training, sales training, domain training)
- Balance short and long-term strategies: Inspire, change and support the culture to achieve immediate progress while simultaneously developing quarterly and long-term strategies to grow sales results
- Ensure Managers and Instructional Designers incorporate all regulatory and legal compliance guidelines
- Responsible for managing project management resources for a wide array of initiatives from conception to completion
- Evaluation and financial analysis of project options, drives the prioritization of projects
- Sign off on approach developed by direct report for successful project
- Develops or assist with scope of work, costs, schedule and projected savings/expense per project and manages with team
- Manages and leads team members, other internal resources and outside contractors for project execution
- Responsible for timely achievement of each stage and frequent communication with team members, key stakeholders and departments throughout the project
- Mentor and develop team members
- Manage service and product employee new hire training programs to ensure employees are properly inducted into the company
- Partners with executive leaders to ensure capability of trainer workforce across the enterprise
- Leads the planning, execution, and evaluation of the delivery of all content across the organization
- Ensures that the enterprise is equipped with the appropriate learning delivery system capable of supporting the business' learning, development and compliance needs.
- Diagnose, assess, design and develop organizational effectiveness initiatives for a sustainable, systematic high-performance culture.
- Management, coaching and development of training personnel to ensure corporate learning and development goals are achieved.
- Build the Training road map along with career and success planning.
- A minimum of 8 years high-level experience leading a training team in a fast paced, high growth organization with five years management experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Required (Master's degree preferred) in business or education related field
- Proven presentation and communications skills
- Knowledge of current and planned technology capabilities in business, as well as awareness of a variety of training delivery modes (Instructor-Led, Computer-Based, blended, webinar)
- Background and experience leading and developing learning professionals
- Ability to collaborate with internal/external business partners using a consultative approach to identify business goals and performance gaps
- Experience leveraging relevant training/development approaches (e.g., learning from experience, learning from others, learning from education)
- Proven leadership experience in developing, implementing and monitoring learning and development metrics across the organization.
- Commitment to exceptional customer service.
- Has worked for a multi-site company, or division - a geographically distributed employee population.
- Change Management - ability to create a mindset shift and adoption across a variety of stakeholders, using proven change management practices
Physical effort is minimal; however along with communication skills: speaking and hearing abilities, and wrist/hand/fingers manipulation and movement is inherent in the job as well as restriction to workspace for prolonged periods. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision for frequent viewing of computer monitor and review of documents. Position involves high mobility in order to perform branch visits. Required travel to all branch locations.
PC with windows environment, copier, laser printer, fax machine and calculator.