- 23-Aug-2019 to 11-Sep-2019
- - Kleberg building
- Corpus Christi , TX, USA
- Full Time
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
Responsible for investigation and reporting of fraud, security issues and branch incidents. Ensures credit union compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and policies. Handles fraud, theft, robbery, elder exploitation and other financial crime investigations for reporting and loss prevention. Also handles FCRA/FACTA reporting and produces reports for senior management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Reviews member account activity reports/ alerts to ensure compliance and prevent losses related to financial crime.
- Reviews daily financial crime monitoring alerts and investigates members. Determines if governmental law enforcement reporting is required
- Prepares and files SAR (Suspicious Activity Reports) if investigation results require it. Files police reports for fraud or other criminal activity as needed.
- Investigates employee or external allegations of fraud, regulatory violations or other crimes and prepares documents for filing with local law enforcement authorities.
- Liaises with law enforcement and courts to handle cases, monitor restitution, and/ or fulfill SAR documentary requests.
- Researches and recommends financial crime training tools to the Director of Risk Management (RMD).
- Serves as assistant BSA Officer for the Credit Union. Performs reviews of branch and department work to ensure that loss prevention policies and procedures are followed.
- Provides loss reports, BSA report filing data and research to RMD for use in Board reporting.
- Assists branch/ department managers and front line staff in making decisions/ determinations to assist with fraud or other financial crime situations/ questions as they occur.
- Responsible for staying current on industry topics to minimize fraud losses, money laundering trends and identify new products and technology.
- Updates fraud or other financial crime and loss prevention procedures/policies as needed and submits them for approval to the RMD.
- Acts as back up on certain tasks for the other Risk Management positions.
- All other duties as assigned.
Associate Degree in business, law or criminal justice- related field. Three (3) years of equivalent experience in lieu of education.
Three (3) years of analytical research/analysis in accounting, compliance, or risk management. Criminal investigative or corporate security experience and certification preferred.
Most important to this position are good analytical skills, communication skills (both verbal and written), human relations skills, organizational abilities, initiative, follow through and reliability. Must have demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office applications, including Microsoft Word and Excel. Must have demonstrated strong analytical and decision-making abilities.
Position requires knowledge of PC usage which would involve wrist/hand movement. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision for frequent viewing of computer monitor and review of documents. Must be able to drive a vehicle and have a valid Driver's license and adequate auto insurance. Position involves high mobility in order to perform branch visits or to file cases/ convey evidence to the various law enforcement agencies. Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
PC with Windows environment, copier, laser printer, fax machine, and calculator.