Indirect Lending Manager
- 11-Sep-2019 to 16-Oct-2019
- - JWV Administration Building
- Corpus Christi , TX, USA
- Full Time
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
Manage structure of Indirect Lending Department loan processing area. Develop and maintain a functional workflow in the Indirect Lending Department to maintain high service levels to our Dealer Partners. Facilitate training and motivation of assistant staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage Indirect Department Assistant staff
• Establish work method and work flow.
• Responsible for maintaining quality and progress of work. Assigns, directs and reviews work flow. Observe and assist staff with problem resolution and/or questions.
• Work with vendors the department depends on for third party applications specific to the loan processing area (Meridian Link, RouteOne, and Dealer Track). Assist in testing of updates, problem resolution, and new feature functionality.
• Responsible for ensuring a work schedule is in place for proper staffing levels to maintain service levels for our
• Authorize temporary shifts of personnel to jobs when a shortage of people develops within the department.
• Ensures that new employees are thoroughly trained in all phases of their particular job.
• Complete orientation of new employees in overall department and Credit Union procedures.
• Ensure timely coordination and disbursements of member's loans.
• Hold monthly staff meetings identifying areas for improvement, changes in procedures, new developments, or changes in services.
• Develop career plans for direct reports and implement actions needed to ensure adequate successor(s) are developed in accordance to the succession plan.
• Ensure a competent, motivated staff through training opportunities, counseling, supervision and review of department activities and results.
• Provide contact for employee issues including, but not limited to: approving all absence leave, annual leave, and overtime, counseling and training.
• Evaluate the work performance of staff recommending salary changes based on performance. Ensure that evaluations are complete and administered in a timely manner.
- Provide training, instruction and guidance to department staff
• Monitor and assist staff with review of all loan booking processes and procedures.
• Responsible for the training and development of direct reports in procedures.
• Work with the VP of Indirect Lending to maintain the quality and progress of work, establish work method, and work flow.
• Provide recommendation to VP of Indirect Lending on staffing, structure and long range planning based on loan production and analysis of reports.
• Work with third party vendors, such as RouteOne and Dealer Track to ensure issues and training relating to booking eContract loans are resolved.
- Ensure the protection of the credit unions interest in matters of adequate documentation and adherence to policies and the various laws and regulations that apply.
- Other duties as assigned.
The position duties require the communication, mathematical and business knowledge normally acquired by a two year degree or equivalent experience. Must have valid driver's license.
Incumbent must have 5 years of financial institution operational experience with concentration in new accounts, consumer loans, or indirect lending with 3 of those years in a management capacity.
Position involves wrist/hand manipulation; restriction to work station for extended periods of time. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision for frequent viewing of computer monitor and review of documents. Communication abilities required by this job includes clarity in speech and hearing for effective staff/member interaction.
Must be able to perform job functions independently or with limited supervision and work effectively either on own or as part of a team. Must have a strong ability to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must have a strong ability to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines / requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities. Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
Personal computer with windows environment, MS Office software, scanner, calculator and copy machine.