Member Service Representative
- 26-Sep-2019 to 13-Oct-2019
- - Kostoryz Branch, 6202 Kostoryz
- Corpus Christi , TX, USA
- Full Time
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
Responsible for establishing new and increasing existing member account relationships through sales and referrals. Serves as an initial sales and service contact for new and existing members.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Providing a consultative sales approach to meet our member's financial needs by proactively identifying opportunities to cross-sell and up-sell beneficial products and services.
- Fostering a teamwork attitude to ensure all credit union goals and objectives are achieved.
- Consistently meet or exceed sales goals as set by management by effectively and efficiently cross-selling credit union products and services to both current and potential members.
- Responsible for referring sales opportunities to other lines of business.
- Complete loan review to include recommendation of decision and forward to underwriters for decision.
- Communicate loan decisions with members
- Maintains excellence in delivering member service and exceeding the credit union and department service standards.
- Perform daily responsibilities along with knowledge of opening and closing accounts, debit cards, servicing members, processing loans, processing stop payments, wire transfers, placing check orders, processing special instructions on accounts and performing general file maintenance.
- Authorizing, approving, and researching transactions; performing overrides, approving check holds, and making check cashing decisions.
- If applicable, provide access and servicing to safe deposit box for members.
COMPLIANCE & REGULATIONS
- Maintain accurate data entry in regards to member records, maintenance, and transactions; have the ability to find and correct errors.
Ensure the protection of the credit union's interest in matters of adequate documentation; includes but limited to: loan, title work, and account packets.
Adherence to security, internal control procedures, policies and applicable laws and regulations.
Adhere to mandatory compliance, product, and credit union training.
All other duties as assigned.
Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
Two (2) years of experience in assessing and meeting customer/member needs through customer service and cross-selling/upselling products and services. Banking or Credit Union experience preferred.
Position involves wrist/hand manipulation; restriction to work station for extended periods of time. May be required to stand for extended periods of time. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision for frequent viewing of computer monitor and review of documents. Communication abilities required by this job incudes clarity in speech and hearing for effective staff/member interaction.
Must be able to perform job junctions independently or with limited supervision and work effectively either on own or as part of a team. Must have a strong ability to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must have a strong ability to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. The ability to anticipate member needs, initiate assistance, make recommendations of appropriate products/services. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines/requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and or fast pace. Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities. Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
Personal computer with windows environment, scanner, teller cash machine, cash advance machine, calculator, copy machine, Debit card imprinter.