- 30-Sep-2019 to 13-Oct-2019
- - Flour Bluff Branch, 9552 S.P.I.D
- Flour Bluff , TX, USA
- Full Time
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
Perform transactional duties to serve members by receiving or paying out funds with high accuracy. Maintain accurate transactional records. Provide cash receipt and payment services in accordance with credit union policies and procedures. Cross-sell and promote credit union products and services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintains excellence in delivering member service and exceeding the credit union and department service standards; greet and welcome members to the credit union in a courteous, professional and timely manner, providing prompt, accurate and efficient member transactions.
- Provides account services to members by receiving deposits and loan payments; cashing checks; withdrawals; pays out money after verification of signatures and member balances, records night and mail deposits; selling cashier's checks, and savings bonds.
- Verifies amounts, examines share drafts/checks for proper endorsement, and ensure accuracy when entering deposits into computer records.
- Cash share drafts/checks and process withdrawals; Redemption of savings bonds. Accept check copy request and order request from members.
- Process all member requests; i.e. wire transfers, address changes, stop payment, cash advances,
- Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all credit union products and services that are handled or promoted by tellers.
- Promote credit union services such as electronic services, debit and credit cards, money orders and safe deposit boxes.
- Cross-sells credit union products by answering inquiries; informing customers of new services and product promotions; ascertaining member's needs; directing members to a branch representative.
3. TELLER DUTIES
- Balance cash drawer at the end of the shift and compare totaled amounts to computer generated balance sheet. Research and resolve discrepancies. Report any discrepancy to the supervisor as necessary.
- Scan daily work and perform such other teller functions that might be needed from time to time, and assist others to complete tasks and work assignments.
- Ensure that teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies, brochures, etc.
4. COMPLIANCE & REGULATIONS
- Serve in a dual control role when needed.
- Maintain accurate data entry in regards to member records, maintenance, and transactions; have the ability to find and correct errors.
- Adherence to security, internal control procedures, policies, mandatory training, compliance, product and credit union training.
- Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all related policies, procedures, and rules and regulations, including robbery procedures.
5. All other duties as assigned.
High school Diploma/GED is required
Requires communication, mathematical and general business knowledge or equivalent to satisfactorily perform the job duties. Six (6) months of cash handling experience is preferred. Most important to this position are accuracy, speed, customer relations, judgment, reliability, and ability to engage in relationship building, a highly positive, service orientated attitude.
Position involves wrist/hand manipulation; restriction to work station for extended periods of time; ability to lift up to 50 lbs; ability to bend, stoop and reach overhead. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision for frequent viewing of computer monitor and review of documents. May be required to stand for extended periods of time. Communication abilities required by this job includes clarity in speech and hearing for effective staff/member interaction.
Calculator, copy machine, Currency Counter, Cash Dispenser/RBU, cash advance terminal, and personal computer with windows environment.