Mortgage Loan Originator I
- 03-Oct-2019 to 30-Oct-2019
- - Real Estate, 2814 Rodd Field
- Corpus Christi , TX, USA
- Full Time
- Position will travel to Region 1 and 2 areas.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
Review mortgage loan applications and supporting documentation; estimate credit-worthiness and calculate repayment risk while following credit union policies and procedures. Increase mortgage loan portfolio by developing business contacts; attracting mortgage member referrals; and assisting with mortgage servicing.
- Meet with prospective members, complete interview and identify member's financial objectives and goals.
- Present credit union real estate products and explain guidelines.
- Collect required supporting loan documentation.
- Analyze credit and financial data.
- Prepare and present proposed loan structure to mortgage loan underwriter.
- Provide assistance at other locations which includes travel to and from other branch locations within region.
- Assist mortgage loan officers in collecting required supporting loan documentation, analyzing credit and financial data, and pipeline maintenance.
- Assist processor, mortgage loan underwriter and loan administration to ensure all loan conditions are satisfied.
- Fostering a teamwork attitude to ensure all credit union goals and objectives are achieved.
- Keep member informed throughout loan process and assist with closing procedures.
- Ensure the protection of the credit unions interest in matters of adequate documentation and adherence to policies and the various laws and regulations that apply.
- Attend all required lending training.
- Assist staff with mortgage servicing and collection efforts.
- Offer and cross sell all credit union services and products.
- All other duties assigned.
A High School Diploma or GED is required.
A minimum of 2 year residential mortgage lending experience or 3 years in consumer lending experience.
Candidate is subject to initial and subsequent reviews and assessments of registry requirements through NMLS (Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System) as well as a review of their criminal background, credit report and NMLSR (Registry).
Candidate must be able to sit for long periods of time. The position involves wrist/hand/fingers manipulation; movement is inherent in the job as well as restriction to workspace for prolonged periods. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision for frequent viewing of computer monitor and review of documents. Must have possession of a dependable vehicle, a valid driver's license.
Candidate must be available to travel to other branches, work outside of business hours and Saturday's when requested by management.
Must be able to perform job functions independently or with limited supervision and work effectively either on own or as part of a team. Must have a strong ability to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must have a strong ability to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines / requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities. Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
Strong computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.