- 04-Oct-2019 to 08-Nov-2019
- - Collections
- Coprus Christi , TX, USA
- Full Time
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
Primary responsibility is ensuring member insurance claims (including total loss, credit life/disability and GAP) are processed in a timely manner following credit union policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Point person with member and insurance company for credit life and disability insurance claim filing & research. Inform collector of status and follow-up on pending claims.
- Point person for Insurance companies for total loss payoffs. Once contacted, present offer to Collections Manger for approval. Prepare, instruct, and distribute payments to be posted and title disposition.
- Point person for processing of GAP claims to include completing of insurance claims, notices, and research of files.
- Review Auto Repossession loans for potential after sale product reimbursement funds. If eligible, process cancellation letters to dealer and follow-up with these dealers for unpaid reimbursements.
- Process and follow up on dealer refund proceeds requests for total loss collateral.
- Processes cancellations of CUNA premiums on required repossession accounts.
- Document all activity in collections software.
- All other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED is required.
To adequately perform this position, incumbent must have one (1) year financial institution, collections, insurance, or lost claims experience is preferred. Must possess the ability to be a self-starter and possess the ability to successfully work with others to receive and provide necessary information. Must have ability to learn and understand Microsoft software including excel. Prior experience with WORD and EXCEL preferred. Periodic after hours and Saturday work. Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and overtime as requested by management.
Physical effort is minimal; however along with communication skills: speaking and hearing abilities, and wrist/hand/fingers manipulation and movement is inherent in the job as well as restriction to workspace for prolonged periods. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision for frequent viewing of computer monitor and review of documents.
Personal computer with windows environment, copy machine, fax machine, telephone, and calculator.