- 05-Dec-2019 to 19-Dec-2019
- - NAS Branch, Bldg. 125, Ave. D Naval Air Station
- Corpus Christi , TX, USA
- Full Time
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
Insure branch has adequate cash for operations. Supervises and provides technical assistance to all Teller staff. Able to problem solve and trouble shoot issues as they arise. Maintain knowledge of credit union's products and services for referrals. Responsible for the daily operations of the ATM/s assigned to location.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. SALES & SERVICE
- Maintains excellence in delivering member service and exceeding the credit union and department service standards; greet and welcome members to the credit union in a courteous, professional, and timely manner, ensuring prompt, accurate and efficient member service and/or transactions.
- Answers member and staff questions, solves problems, and assists with complex transactions and sensitive member issues. Explains policies and procedures to members.
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring and performing efficient, effective, and professional front lint operations. Assists with assignment and distribution of workflow.
- Supports and encourages employees to actively cross sell Credit Union products and services.
- Maintains an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all Credit Union products and services that are handled or promoted such as; electronic services, debit and credit cards, money orders, and safe deposit boxes.
2. VAULT TELLER DUTIES
- Ensures that personnel are well trained, effective, and optimally utilized. Provides instruction regarding policy, procedure, and service and product offerings. Will assist in training and developing employees.
- Makes judgments for staff (within limits of authority) pertaining to cashing and/or accepting checks or drafts.
- Investigates staff out of balance conditions and institutes corrective procedures. Assists in finding balancing errors. Ensures that staff and vault balance at the end of each day and that all monies are secured in accordance with established procedures.
- Scan daily work and perform such other functions that might be needed from time to time, and assist others to complete tasks and work assignments.
- Reconcile branch reports and GL accounts as required
3. COMPLIANCE & REGULATIONS
- Performs procedures for opening and closing of operations, including vault, alarm, and door duties.
- Notify manager of surveillance system, ATM, alarm systems, drive thru and branch equipment malfunctions, dispatch service as necessary.
- Adheres to dual control processes and audits cash drawers as required.
- Adherence to security, internal control procedures, policies, mandatory training, compliance, product and credit union training.
- Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all related policies, procedures, and rules and regulations, including robbery procedures.
High school Diploma/GED is required
Incumbent must have minimum of 2 years prior experience in financial institution in teller area or 1 year financial teller area and 1 year comparable experience in decision making and cash handling.
Position involves wrist / hand manipulation; restriction to work station for extended periods of time; ability to lift up to 50lbs.; ability to bend stoop and reach overhead. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision for frequent viewing of computer monitor and review of documents. May be required to stand for extended periods of time. Communication abilities required by this job includes clarity in speech and hearing for effective staff/member interaction. Must be able to drive a vehicle and have a valid Texas driver's license. Candidate must be available to travel to other branches as needed.
Must be able to perform job functions independently or with limited supervision and work effectively either on own or as part of a team. Must have a strong ability to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must have a strong ability to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines/requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and or fast pace. Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities. Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
Personal computer with windows environment, calculator, scanner, ATMs, currency counter, cash advance terminal, copier, cash advance terminal, and cash machines.