VP of Finance and Accounting
- 07-Nov-2019 to 01-Jan-2020
- - Accounting
- Corpus Christi , TX, USA
- Full Time
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
Manages the finance function of the credit union to ensure financial reporting controls are sound and operations are reported correctly. Directs such functions as budgeting, financial analysis and reporting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Culture and Leadership
- Demonstrate NACCU leadership standards through support for our culture, values, and behavioral expectations.
- Build and nurture strong relationships in order to influence desired outcomes and achieve organizational goals.
- Build and nurture a culture of organizational maturation and growth, one that values continuous improvement of business processes, thereby boosting execution, effectiveness, and ability to scale to successfully meet member expectations.
- Create a climate in which people apply new skills and accrue new responsibilities, thus perpetually reinventing their jobs.
- Commit to individual professional growth and development.
Finance and Accounting
- Responsible for preparing accurate recurring financial reports and analysis to support and provide insights for management decision-making.
- Developing and maintaining all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting. Ensuring that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Responsible for variance and profitability analyses. Assists in reporting strategic performance metrics.
- Responsible for annual budget process and budget report package submitted for board approval.
- Responsible for quarterly call reporting to regulators.
- Provides informed, proactive analysis and credit union insights to enable effective decision-making and efficient resource utilization.
- Acquires and applies intermediate knowledge of the credit union, its products and processes to resolve issues and navigate barriers to deliver efficient work product.
- Responsible for working with management in identifying changes in the workflow or other items with potential financial reporting impact.
- Work with Executive Management throughout the financial statement preparation and annual budget process.
- Communicates changes to management, related staff, or business partners (i.e., internal and external audit, treasury, regulators, etc.)
- Providing strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs.
- Assisting senior management in financial planning and results management. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- Managing all tax reporting and compliance with federal, state, sales, property and other applicable taxes.
- Ensure reports on Product and Responsibility Center profitability are produced and make recommendations for improving financial and business results.
- Monitors processes, performance standards, and directs daily activity of finance and accounting team.
- Manages employee performance and facilitates professional development and career progression.
- Participate on special projects and perform other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, or finance.
- 10+ years progressive finance and accounting experience.
- Financial industry experience preferred.
- Experienced leadership within an organization or corporate division that is substantial in size and resources.
- 5+ years management experience
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Proven ability to perform, interpret and analyze financial information.
Must be able to perform job functions independently or with limited supervision and work effectively either on own or as part of a team. Must have a strong ability to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must have a strong ability to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines / requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities. Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
Physical requirements include wrist/hand manipulation, eye/hand coordination and frequent viewing of computer monitor. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision for frequent viewing of computer monitor and review of documents.
Personal computer with Windows and Citrix environment and scanner/copier.