- 15-Nov-2019 to 13-Dec-2019
- - JWV Administration Building, 2730 Rodd Field Rd.
- Corpus Christi , TX, USA
- Full Time
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
Work as part of a team to develop, implement, enhance, and maintain a comprehensive compliance program to promote Navy Army Community Credit Union's (the Credit Union) adherence to internal compliance-related procedures and regulatory requirements. Serve as a subject matter expert to the Credit Union on compliance matters.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of the Credit Union's Compliance Management System, including assessment of compliance risk. Ensure that policies, procedures and programs comply with applicable regulatory requirements and mitigate the risk of non-compliance.
- Provide direct advisory support to promote compliance with internal requirements, laws, regulations, and best practices. Field inquires, interpret questions posed to the department, research, and provide appropriate guidance and assistance in a timely manner.
- Monitor and analyze developing trends and changes in applicable laws and regulations. Advise management of the operational impact and facilitate and/or lead implementation of regulatory changes, which includes assisting with the control design and performing detailed transaction testing prior to the regulatory change date to ensure controls are appropriate and compliant.
- Perform regular/ongoing assessments, including detailed transaction testing and complaint follow up, to evaluate the Credit Union's adherence to compliance regulations and internal policies and procedures. Communicate results to management and assist with identifying the most appropriate solution, implementation, and tracking resolution through to closure.
- Coordinate with the training department and other teams to ensure compliance components of training programs appropriate for job roles. May create and deliver compliance-related training.
- Assist in coordinating audit efforts for state, federal, and other independent outside auditors and/or examiners.
- Participate in special projects or other relevant assignments as necessary.
- Incumbent should have a four year college degree in business/criminal justice/finance or related field of study. Equivalent experience of 6 or more years of progressively responsible compliance experience in the finance/banking or credit union industry.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of regulatory compliance program oversight within the financial industry.
- Compliance certifications preferred.
- Must have demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office applications, including Microsoft Word and Excel. Must have demonstrated strong analytical abilities.
- Ability to effectively research and interpret applicable laws and regulations
- Ability to effectively communicate required actions
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively manage time and projects
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
Position involves wrist/hand movement. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision for frequent viewing of computer monitor and review of documents. Must be able to drive a vehicle and have a valid Driver's license and adequate auto insurance. Position involves high mobility in order to perform branch visits. Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
Personal Computer with Windows environment, copy machine, telephone, calculator, and fax machine.