Indirect Lending Officer
- 15-Nov-2019 to 06-Dec-2019
- - Indirect Lending
- Corpus Christi , TX, USA
- Full Time
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
Responsible for evaluating and making decisions on dealer loan requests in a timely manner, following credit union policies and procedures. Establishes and maintains a good working relationship with dealerships and/or dealer partners. Supports the goals and objectives of the Dealer Services Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyzes and decisions loan applications received from our dealer partners in our indirect program.
- Exercises discretion when approving loans outside of approved guidelines and responsible for providing additional documentation to explain risk mitigation.
- Determines when additional due diligence should be performed on credit offerings submitted by our dealer partners, adhering to the risk and historical performance guidelines
- Negotiates and communicates loan approvals, denials, and/or conditions with dealers utilizing NACCU's electronic communication tools.
- Visits dealerships in Corpus Christi, Rio Grande Valley and surrounding markets to inform, train, and market the credit unions indirect program, when requested by management.
- Responsible for quality control prior to the loans being funded, including but not limited to: verifying members are contracted at the correct rate, terms and conditions were communicated to the dealership on credit approvals.
- Assists collection department on early payment defaults.
- Assist and support department personnel.
2. Ensure the protection of the credit unions interest in matters of adequate documentation and adherence to policies and the various laws and regulations that apply.
3. Responsible for completing assigned training and stay up to date on changes to state or federal regulation that impact the Credit Union's indirect lending program.
4. Inform Credit Union management of any potential risks or concerns to the Credit Union's interests that may surface during the normal course of business.
5. All other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED is required.
Incumbent must have a minimum of five (5) years prior indirect lending experience to adequately perform the job functions.
Must have excellent public relations and sales skills and knowledge of consumer lending federal and state laws and regulations.
Position involves wrist/hand manipulation; restriction to work station for extended periods of time. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision for frequent viewing of computer monitor and review of documents. Must have possession of a dependable vehicle, a valid driver's license and the ability to drive a vehicle for business related purposes.
Must be able to perform job functions independently or with limited supervision and work effectively either on own or as part of a team. Must have a strong ability and reliability to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must have a strong ability to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines / requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities. Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters. Candidate must be available to travel to dealerships within field of membership, work outside of business hours, holidays and Saturdays
Personal computer with windows environment, phone, calculator, copy machine, fax machine, electronic messaging and Scanner.