Branch Manager II
- 06-Dec-2019 to 17-Jan-2020
- - Beeville Branch, 2505 N. St. Mary's
- Beeville, TX, USA
- Full Time
Primary Objective of Position
Manage and direct the overall operations of assigned Branch, including sales, staff, security and overall maintenance. Expedite the work flow ensuring quality service to our members following credit union policies and procedures. Align branch sales, staff and operations with the strategic and operational goals of the Credit Union.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Managing, Leading, and Coaching
- Responsible for maintaining quality and progress of work. Establish work method and work flow. Assign, direct and review work. Ensure work is completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure staff is motivated through training, coaching, supervision and review of department activity and results to fulfill branch and credit union business plan goals.
- Responsible for the management and growth of the branch, including daily operations, lending and member service.
- Complete orientation of new employees in overall branch procedures.
- Holds meetings at least twice a month with branch employees for discussing areas needing improvement, effective feedback, changes in procedures, product knowledge, sales, and service, etc.
- Monitors quality of service for members, and ensures that employees are maximizing opportunities to cross sell products.
- Hire, retain and develop qualified individuals. Provide contact for employee issues including but not limited to: scheduling leave requests, counseling, and training.
- Evaluate the work performance of staff recommending salary changes based on performance and budget guidelines. Ensure that evaluations are completed and administered in a timely manner.
- Responsible for ensuring the completion of the end of month reports and reconciliation statements.
- Based on staff's skill development, recommend changes, promotions, overrides, and check approval limits to Management.
- Document and counsel, regarding teller discrepancies.
- Track/Review/approve all incentives.
Service and Cross-sales
- Responsible for ensuring and performing efficient, effective, and professional front line operations. Responsible for assignment and distribution of workflow.
- Cross sells all credit union services. Maintain knowledge of credit union's products and services and motivate staff to cross-sell.
- Handle concerns registered by members involving the branch. (Keep management informed of members concerns and request assistance when necessary.)
- Determine member needs, tailoring credit union services to meet their unique financial needs and goals.
Branch Security and Compliance
- Authorize exceptions to normal policy or procedures when circumstances warrant and deviation is justified.
- Assists in ensuring that the branch is in compliance with federal laws and regulations
set forth by the National Credit Union Administration and other regulatory agencies.
- Ensure protection of credit union interest in matters of documentation and adherence to policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- Institute and implement branch procedure changes, as well as overall policy and procedures changes.
- Process daily business; verify all work is completed daily.
- Follow current policies as set by the board of directors.
- Responsible for proper control and accountability, including security, of the cash maintained in the branch, RBU, and ATM. Balance all cash machines at least monthly.
- Responsible for proper control and monthly audit of blank laser check stock, and debit cards.
- Ensure current postings of financials, rates, and marketing material. Maintain an adequate up to date supply of brochures, forms, and office supplies.
- Verify security and internal control procedures are in place, efficient and adhered to.
- Verifies (under dual control) periodically, (at least quarterly and before vacations, extended leave and termination's) cash issued to employees in branch and forward documentation to internal auditor when requested.
- Verify actual cash on hand at the Branch ATMs to GL balance monthly.
- Develops and prepares an annual budget report for the Branch. Reviews budget periodically and ensures all expenditures are within approved budget amount
- Ensure all necessary documents / notices are posted on employee bulletin board or in employee area.
- May perform duties of a member service representative, vault teller, teller, or other operational positions on an as needed basis.
- Ensure facility is maintained in excellent condition and monthly safety and security inspections are performed.
- Recognize areas in need of change or improvement, either to avoid problems or to provide better service. Formulate and implement changes as necessary.
- Promote the credit union's positive image through internal contacts as well as involvement in outside activities including CU sponsored clubs and organizations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requires a minimum of an Associate's Degree in a business field. Three (3) years of financial operations experience can be used in lieu of Associates Degree.
Five (5) years of financial operations experience and 2 years of prior management experience. Lending experience preferred. Incumbent must reside within 35 miles of the facility.
Most important to this position is to be highly motivated with good communication skills and capable of leadership by example. Strong organizational, supervisory skills and lending experience preferred.
Position involves wrist / hand manipulation, ability to lift up to 50 lbs, ability to bend stoop and reach overhead. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision for frequent viewing of computer monitor and review of documents. Communication abilities required by this job includes clarity in speech and hearing for effective staff/member interaction.
Personal computer with windows environment, calculator, cash recycler/dispenser, copy machine, scanner, ATM depository, currency counter, debit card embosser.